Re: Need some help with \include "makam.ly"

From: Jay Hamilton
Subject: Re: Need some help with \include "makam.ly"
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 08:54:02 -0700

Thanks, I really had to study that snippet to get how to make it work.  And you are right es is wrong -
Jay

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Joseph Wakeling <address@hidden> wrote:
Jay Hamilton wrote:
> I found the snippet for
> \set Staff.keySignature = #`((6 . ,(- KOMA)))
> and got it to compile from the snippet however once I used the (I think) same setup for a piece I was transcribing the piece won't compile it complains about the bes' in the music.
> So what is bes called when you use this keySignature  better yet what should I be searching for in the manual to answer my own question?

I don't think it's actually in the manual, but can be seen when you
examine the makam.ly file (in /usr/share/lilypond/ly/ if you are running
Linux).

I think you need -fk instead of -es (the flat symbol flat is used for
the flat kucuk or -5/9 alteration).

Best wishes,

   -- Joe

--