RE: fingering orientation problem

From: Nick Payne
Subject: RE: fingering orientation problem
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 06:59:01 +1000

Yes, the <> construct around the note is needed. If you just have e-4 e^4 e_4, all three fingerings will appear above the notes. You need <e-4> <e^4> <e_4>.

^ and _ also work with articulations and slurs and ties. It’s briefly mentioned in s.2.2.3 of the LM as working for articulations and fingerings.

Nick