Re: new website, draft 7

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: new website, draft 7
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 22:51:18 -0500

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:47 PM, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:41:06PM -0500, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> When I looked at my commit in gitk I didn't see the whole commit message. Did
> you see it? I did that one-line message, then went down a couple of lines and
> used # comment lines to further explain the Makefile change.

*head smack*

Haha!

Jonathan, didn't you notice the:
 # (Comment lines starting with '#' will not be included)
line that's included every time you type "git commit" ?

Yeah, but I guess I didn't understand it properly. I thought there was the top line that was the succinct commit message, then lines below that where you could elaborate. I guess you have to elaborate without #comment characters? Geez. Somehow I had it in my head that you needed to comment the explanatory comments. ;) Sigh.

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com