Re: wrong type argument

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: wrong type argument
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:26:55 +0200

Stefan Thomas wrote:
    warning: cannot find or create new `Dynamics'
    warning: cannot find or create new `Pedal'
    programming error: (de)crescendo on items with specified volume.
    continuing, cross fingers
    MIDI output to `xeno04.midi'...
    Solving 1 page-breaking chunks...[1: 2 or 3 pages]
    Drawing systems...<string>:9:365: In procedure ly:stencil-extent in
    expression (ly:stencil-extent this-stil 0):
    <string>:9:365: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting
    Stencil): ()

Sorry, didn't spot these errors at the first glance.

    programming error: (de)crescendo on items with specified volume.

This one is only a problem for the MIDI output; you have to specify a volume (like \f, \mf, \p ...) before _and_ after a crescendo; otherwise, the MIDI engraver has no clue how far to raise the volume.

Yet, I've no idea for the last errors; but I suggest that you always fix the easy problems first. :-) Then, feel free to cut the input down to the minimal code producing the error, and ask again.

Cheers,
Alexande