Re: quality of lilypond outputs of different WYSIWIG software

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: quality of lilypond outputs of different WYSIWIG software
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 22:37:59 +0200

Helge Kruse wrote:
I tried MuseScore 0.9.4. I save a simple file in Lilypond format and open the file again. MuseScore hung. There is a newer version 0.9.5 but the release notes does not say anything about bug fixing in .ly file handling. I think, as long as the program cannot read its own files, the human readibility doesn't care.

But MuseScore works quite nice on the other hand.

Regards,
Helge

I was told MuseScore 0.9.5 can export in .ly quite properly and much better than previous version.

But I've never tried it (I prefer writing input), so I have not any experience about it.