Re: Best name for function to create cross-style noteheads

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Best name for function to create cross-style noteheads
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:06:38 +0200

On 24 Jul 2009, at 07:58, Marc Hohl wrote:

I think it would be the easiest way to define a neutral name first.
Personally, I like the idea of \xHead, \xHeadOn and \xHeadOff.

I think so, too. In computer lingo terms, you want define two things: the implementation, and the user interface. LilyPond does not provide a means to hide away the implementation, but that is the same as in C.

The implementation names would be the \xHead, \xHeadOn and \xHeadOff, though strictly speaking, I think these are notes, not just heads - the Unicode symbol U+1D143 MUSICAL SYMBOL X NOTEHEAD is just a head without stem and flags.

So perhaps \xNote, \xNoteOn and \xNoteOff might be better.

  Hans