Re: 2.13.3 docs emacs mode documentation AU 2.2.1 out of date?

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: 2.13.3 docs emacs mode documentation AU 2.2.1 out of date?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 19:53:34 +0200

On 23.07.2009, at 07:16, Paul Scott wrote:

James E. Bailey wrote:

On 23.07.2009, at 04:20, Paul Scott wrote:

Hi,

I'm resurrecting a laptop whose hard drive died.  I'm trying to set up Emacs lilypond-mode.

AU 2.2.1 tells me to do a 'make install' in the elisp directory.  I don't see a makefile and 'make install' doesn't find an install target rule.  Am I missing something or are the docs behind?

Thanks,

Paul Scott

That only applies if lilypond-mode isn't installed on your platform (first paragraph, last sentence).

I believe that lilypond isn't installed.  This is a fresh install of everything since the hard drive died.

This is a question you should be able to answer, is lilypond installed or not. If it is, and you've installed from a binary, i.e., not built it yourself, you should have everything you need. If you've installed from source, then depending on what you've installed, you may or may not need to build and install lilypond-mode.

Even so why would the makefile be gone if I had done the lilypond-mode install.

Because makefiles are often not provided when the files they create are.

Usually you can just move the files to where they need to go and ammend your ~/.emacs appropriately

I do see where the lilypond-mode file is so I can probably install it manually but I still wonder about the documentation.

Thanks,

Paul

The documentation is written from the point of view of a bare bones install. If you have the files the documentation refers to, then you're a couple of steps ahead.

James E. Bailey