jEdit & LilyPondTool on Mac OS X 10.4

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: jEdit & LilyPondTool on Mac OS X 10.4
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:06:30 +0200

Hi all,

I'm having problems to install jEdit and LilyPondTool on my Mac OS X 10.4. When
I download the latest development version (4.3pre17) and click on it jEdit
starts but doesn't continue to »run startup scripts«. Nothing happens. (Same
with slightly older versions but not with 4.2) I managed to install and launch
version 4.3pre14 but when I open the Plugin Manager LilyPondTool is not listed
in the Install tab.(I also couldn't find Sidekick. Console 4.2.6.5 produces an
error). I searched the jEdit-FAQ and the web but didn't find a solution. Manual
installation of LilyPondTool 2.12 doesn't help either. Does this problem sound
familiar to anyone? Thanks for any hint.

Patrick

java version "1.5.0_19"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_19-b02-306)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_19-138, mixed mode, sharing)