Re: proposal for doc+web sources

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: proposal for doc+web sources
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 14:42:08 +0200

Le samedi 18 juillet 2009 à 04:46 -0700, Graham Percival a écrit :
> There was a request to add the version numbers to pdf files, i.e.
>   lilypond-2.13.4.pdf
>   lilypond-notation-2.13.4.pdf
>
> If this is easily done in the makefiles, then I think it might be
> a good idea -- but if it's tricky to do it, especially while
> maintaining cross-references, then by all means let's not bother.
> I think that as long as the doc tarball has a version number on
> it, there won't be confusion about this.

It is doable but it's yet another boring task; as users who want to
store manuals in several versions can easily put them in some
directories without losing any functionality, I'm not interested in
doing this. If somebody can convince me it's so useful *and* is willing
to pay for it, I might change my mind.

John