Re: dragon boat Tune collision

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: dragon boat Tune collision
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:04:10 -0600

On 7/16/09 6:14 PM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>   I published this score (not this file, since I merge my settings into it
> now)) to WIMA as its first Chinese music. But the editor gave me some points
> on collision:
>
>> - avoiding slurs overwriting note shapes or performance directions, for
>> example the right hand phrasing slur bar 18-21
>
> However, 18-21 is the same as 3-6. Why it has collision?

Both 18-21 and 4-6 have the collision.  It's because the phrasing slur is in
one voice, and the beam that it collides with is in another voice.

You  can manually adjust the control points to avoid the collision (although
that is difficult for a blind person, I admit).

>> - barlines overwriting dynamic indications, for example bar 11 and 12
>
> Why? How to avoid it automatically in the future?

This is a known issue in the google tracker:

Unfortunately, I know of no automatic fix.

Regards,

Carl