website draft 6

From: Graham Percival
Subject: website draft 6
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 19:42:27 -0700

Moved to the official server:
http://lilypond.org/~graham/

Wanted, in order of preference:
1) git-enabled contributors.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-06/msg00348.html
  (this burden to contributors might be relaxed in the future, but
  that would be at least 1 month away)

2) non-git-enabled contributors.  If you can write text files.. or
  even just emails... then write some text to include.  For
  example, nobody is working on Introductions->Features.  The hard
  part is figuring out what to write, not the actual formatting!

3) proofreading, checking, etc: if you find spelling/grammatical
  mistakes, or can think of shorter+simpler wordings (remember, we
  have a lot of ESL readers, so simple text is good!), send such
  corrections.

  Also, is there anything on the old website that's not on the
  draft website?  I mean, anything that doesn't have a stub?
  Don't complain about the lack of the Essay, since we have a
  spot reserved for it.  But other than those "reserved spot"
  issues, are we missing anything?

4) suggestions.  Yes, these are still valuable, but we could have
  all the "hey, try out this blue-shaded color scheme" ideas in
  the world.  But if nobody is working on the .css file, then
  nothing will happen.

Oh, that reminds me -- the css file.  This also counts as #2
("writing text files")... if you're willing to edit that file and
send us new versions of it, we can take care of the git stuff for
you.

Cheers,
- Graham