Re: new website draft 5: help wanted, I mean it

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: new website draft 5: help wanted, I mean it
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 02:17:04 +0200

2009/7/10 Patrick McCarty <address@hidden>:
> If you can find better colors for the boxes and submenu that would be
> great.  As you can tell, the idea is to link the colors of the boxes
> to the appropriate piece of the submenu, as well as to create
> *contrast* between the boxes.  But the color scheme should still
> "blend", IMO.

To achieve some contrast between two colours only, it's prettier if a
colour made darker is not only value- or saturation- decreased, but
also hue-darkened. For example, a darker green should be also a bit
more 'blue'. Otherwise it just looks 'dirty'.

For three colours is better to keep the hue fixed.

I'm not that sensitive to hues, but that's what I've heard.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org