Re: string-lines

From: Matthieu Jacquot
Subject: Re: string-lines
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:24:56 +0200

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:55:35 +0200, Nick Payne <address@hidden> wrote:

It’s the Chaconne from BWV1004. Matthieu Jacquot has the Lilypond source
code of his arrangement  for guitar available under a Creative Commons
license on his web site, though that contains the notes without any
fingering indications. See
http://theshadylanepublishing.googlepages.com/transcriptions2.

Nick

Hello,
That's true that I don't put any fingering in this piece, but I used to in others. I use two functions (for up and down orientation, I attach them, I hope it will work) I can't remember where I found them, I just made a few changes to adapt them to string numbers. The problem is that it creates problems with octaves. I will have a look at yours. By the way I've a new website (same content) http://theshadylanepublishing.com have a look at the Syrinx transcription preview (click on the picture) where I use these functions.
Regards
Matthieu

--
Matthieu JACQUOT