Re: website draft 4, help wanted

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: website draft 4, help wanted
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 13:41:19 +0200

2009/7/8 Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>:
> Valentin's site attracts my initial attention and gives a professional
> feel.  Much more than both the lilypond.org sites.  Possibly he/we
> could/should  merge this site even with lilypond.org.  I don't know.

I agree that the very first look is important. (which is why I opened
#698 among others -- and right now I'm trying to reimplement the
EasyLilyPond concept in a portable way).

lilynet.net was originally thought, among other things, as a testbed
for a possible new lilypond website: the LilyPond project has
obviously reached an important turning point, where it is more and
more driven by an actual community; this is what John and I wanted to
emphasize with this website, as did Graham by launching the Frogs
group, etc.

I'm, of course, willing to help as much as I can -- for the past few
weeks I've been busy working on a LilyPond project with my pupils,
making video LilyPond tutorials in French, etc. But I'm much more
available now. (well, my laptop has just gone down again, but that's
another story :)

Anyway, I think we're living exciting times with regards to LilyPond,
and no matter how long it takes I do believe we're making history
right here :-)

Regards,
Valentin