Re: LilyPondTool 2.12.848 BETA

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: LilyPondTool 2.12.848 BETA
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 12:02:34 +0200

2009/7/8 Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) <address@hidden>:

>> 2- The "reverse  Point and Click" works well inside a page but it would be
>> great if the page of the pdf viewer scroll automatically when the caret
>> change to a note belonging to an another page.
>> (Ok, i don't know if it is a limitation of this Beta release because i
>> didn't test this featurein the previous version: very usefull !).
>
> No, it's a performance limitation. If I want to jump to the right page, I
> need to decode ALL of the pages when opening/reloading the file. It would
> take a lot of time. So I only decode the actual page. Perhaps it could be a
> separate function (in a later release): you click on "find position in PDF",
> then it finds the caret position. Could you file an enhancement request on
> http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/lily4jedit? Thanks.

In my installation, the blue box still follows the caret as if it were
in the corresponding page, but the page view does not change, so the
blue box points to phantom noteheads.

I confirm that the previous page button on the PDF viewer does nothing.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org