Re: LilyPondTool 2.12.848 BETA

From: Gilles THIBAULT
Subject: Re: LilyPondTool 2.12.848 BETA
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 11:32:54 +0200

I created a Beta release of the new LilyPondTool.
Thanks for your great work.

If you find problems or places of enhancement, please let me know. I'm
planning to release to the plugin central in 2 weeks.

1- For me, the button "next Page" in the "Pdf viewer" works well but not the "previous Page".
This button has no effect.

2- The "reverse Point and Click" works well inside a page but it would be great if the page of the pdf viewer scroll automatically when the caret change to a note belonging to an another page. (Ok, i don't know if it is a limitation of this Beta release because i didn't test this featurein the previous version: very usefull !).

3- This point is perhaps more annoying (for me at least).
With this Dockable PDF viewer, you cannot use any script using Lilypond and the current ly file, as well inside JEdit or outside (in command-line),because Lilypond seems to lock the pdf. So lilypond is unable to delete the old pdf before to create the new one. In the previous version, i used a bean shell macro (*.bsh) where i called a function i found in the Lilypontools sources
           lilytool.LilyToolPlugin.closePdf();
It unlocked the pdf so that i was able to launch my lilypond scripts via this macro.
Is there a corresponding function in the new version ?

Oh, i just realease that even the "Lilypond console" doesn't work anymore : if you enter :
   lilypond %buffer
you'll get "... Permission denied".

Gilles