Re: Overriding NoteHead stencil in a chord produces unwanted X offset

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Overriding NoteHead stencil in a chord produces unwanted X offset
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 10:14:07 -0700 (PDT)

Mike Solomon wrote:
> Good question!
> I am trying to write clarinet multiphonics.>
> http://userpages.umbc.edu/~emrich/chapter6-5.html

I see. Here's a temporary solution, which could be automated with
some ingenuity. The value 1.65 seems to work below, but it's not
the value I would have expected to work. I might play around a
little more with this, because as it stands, this would be
cumbersome if you have a lot of these. Are you writing just a few
here and there? By the way, what do the up and down arrows mean,
eighth-tones? Also, is there always just one quarter-note-head in
the middle? I assume that there can be more than one.

\relative  c' {
  <c
  \tweak #'duration-log #2 \tweak #'X-extent #'(0 . 1.65) cis'
  g'>1
}

> THANK YOU very much for your help!

Happy to help.