Re: new website: draft 3

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: new website: draft 3
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 07:13:14 -0600

On 7/2/09 1:41 AM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 03:50:14PM +0200, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
>>
>> Graham Percival wrote:

>   "where is the gui" is unfortunately still common, but the
> new website and the 10.5 GUI work should fix that.

Actually, I beg to differ.  Since the rewriting of the website last January,
"where is the gui" is virtually gone.  The remaining GUI question is "Why
doesn't the Mac GUI work".  And the running 10.5 GUI should resolve that.

If the right approach to FAQ is followed, then I think Graham is right.  But
this means that docs *must* be rewritten in response to FAQ.  If the only
response to the FAQ is "RTM in section X.Y.Z", we're not meeting the need.
There's some reason why the use is not finding that, and we need to be
aggressive about fixing that problem.

Thanks,

Carl