Re: Header title problem or convert-ly problem

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Header title problem or convert-ly problem
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 21:18:46 +0100

Eluze wrote Tuesday, June 30, 2009 5:55 PM

one more argument for the "easy" way to convert-ly 9'999 files (all with the
same content):

convert-ly -e typ2*.ly --> 36 sec.
 FOR %%x IN (typ1*.ly) DO convert-ly -e %%x  --> 35 minutes

btw i realized that convert-ly always (?) makes a backup - at least on windows - of the original file (called ….ly~) - i did never see any note about this very nice behaviour in the docs! can you confirm it does, so i
can rely on it?!

I believe so. I already changed to docs (AU) to say this. You can see all
my changes in the AU on the kainhofer server.

and finally I saw in the docs (AU):

-e,--edit
       Do an inline edit of the input file. Overrides --output

which is a bit confusing since the output option does not seem to exist!

Right.  This I also changed some days ago.

Trevor