Re: staff consisting of lyrics with bar lines

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: staff consisting of lyrics with bar lines
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 06:13:38 -0500

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Alan Shaw <address@hidden> wrote:

I am trying to make a staff consisting only of lyrics separated by bar lines.
I've made a Rhythmic Staff with number of lines set to 0, removed the
time-signature, used hideNotes on the notes the lyrics are attached to, and
used hidden rests. The result is close to what I want, but I can't seem to
get the lyrics centered vertically between the bar lines (that is, right in
the center of the staff itself if it were visible). The best I can do,
fiddling with the numbers in minimum-Y-extent for the VerticalAxisGroup, is
get them to barely overlap the lower portion of the space between the bars.

Any suggestions? I've searched this forum and the documentation pretty
thoroughly. Thanks.

Alan Shaw

extra-offset is your friend.  Add this to your code:

\override LyricText #'extra-offset = #'( 0.0 . 5.6)

I just changed the offset value from the following snippet from the Lilypond Snippet Repository:

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=537

HTH,

Jon

--