Re: Problem with header/copyright in new 2.12 version

From: Simon Dahlbacka
Subject: Re: Problem with header/copyright in new 2.12 version
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 12:18:55 +0300

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 1:52 AM, Jay Hamilton <address@hidden> wrote:
Unfortunately, I have never been able to get convert-ly to work.  It's mostly my computer ignorance.  My files don't seem to be in simple places and I never get the parameters correct.
so I have the file in C:\Documents and Settings\Frybyte\Desktop\Hamilton
it's called
my template.ly
it's version 2.10.25
I just tried to follow the instructions from the docs here's what I think it says to do in run under xp
convert-ly --from C:\Documents and Settings\Frybyte\Desktop\Hamilton\mytemplate.ly\version 2.10.25 --to C:\Documents and Settings\Frybyte\Desktop\Hamilton\my template.ly version 2.12.2
That didn't work so what am I not understanding?

As you seem to have spaces in directory and/or filenames the arguments need to be quoted. Maybe that is your issue?

e.g. convert-ly -e "C:\Documents and Settings\Frybyte\Desktop\Hamilton\mytemplate.ly"

Sorry for total ignorance.
Jay