Re: RFC: new vertical layout engine

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: RFC: new vertical layout engine
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:11:24 +0300

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 6:46 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Joe,

What I would *really* love are high-level commands to set intra-piece (section) system-count and page-count options.
For example, I'd like to say that in an ABA form piece, the B section must be on two pages (whereas the leading A and trailing A' sections can be "auto-flowed" by Lilypond

Could that be possible?

It should be doable (at least, system-count should be easy but page-count might be harder), but it doesn't involve the part of the code that I'm looking at now (for now, I'm only doing the layout of systems on already determined pages and not the computation of those page breaks). Could you file a bug report so I don't forget it?

Cheers,
Joe