Re: thanks to whomever put this in the LSR...

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: thanks to whomever put this in the LSR...
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 01:01:24 +0200

Patrick McCarty wrote:

Is there a way to omit the -1 -2 ... suffix? I would like to specify the pdf file name in the .ly file.

Currently, this is hardcoded in the source file scm/lily-library.scm.
The modification you can make is what number to start at.  You can do
this by setting `output-count'.

For example, if you say

#(set! output-count 5)

then your files will be named

filename-5.pdf
filename-6.pdf
filename-7.pdf
etc...

That being said, this is an interesting issue.  There *needs* to be an
automated naming convention by default, or else each successive book
will overwrite the previous one.

But it would be nice to have an option to override the file-name for
any arbitrary book.  Something like

\book {
  \paper {
    output-file-name = "Blah"
  }
  \score {

and this particular book would create "Blah.ps" and "Blah.pdf".

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-02/msg00833.html and followups for the previous discussion on the topic. As far as I can see, an implementation proposal is already available, just to commit.

   /Mats

-Patrick

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing