Re: tablature.ly - please test and comment

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: tablature.ly - please test and comment
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 07:04:09 -0600

On 5/28/09 1:21 AM, "Marc Hohl" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carl D. Sorensen schrieb:
>> [...]
>>
>> I think it's better to have the duplication and the ability to switch
>> between \tabNumbersOnly and \tabFullNotation, than to avoid the duplication,
>> and have \tabFullNotation be a non-undoable setting.
>>
> As you can see, \tabFullNotation works only locally when included in a
> score:
>
> \version "2.13.0"
> \include "tablature.ly"
>
> test = \relative c { c4 d e f g a b c }
>
> \score { \new TabStaff { \clef "tab" \test } }
>
> \score { \new TabStaff { \clef "tab" \tabFullNotation \test } }
>
> \score { \new TabStaff { \clef "tab" \test } }
>
> So according to Neil's proposals, I got rid of the \tabNumbersOnly for
> sake of clarity.

OK, I guess.  I still don't like having a command that is not undoable.  I
can't think of a "reasonable"  application where this would cause a problem,
but LilyPond users regularly try things that I don't consider "reasonable".

I guess that we can deal with the problem later if it ever shows up.

I'll publish the patch to rietveld and obtain comments.

Thanks,

Carl