Re: Tweaking end-of-line time signature?

From: madMuze
Subject: Re: Tweaking end-of-line time signature?
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 09:42:54 -0700 (PDT)

glad that helped, Trevor!

I totally agree with your concept of enclosing two commands in (...) as a
combined TRUE, but it doesn't work for me, either. Being an entire fake at
scheme and having no pride, I've resorted to repeating the entire IF
construct:
                        (if (<= (ly:item-break-dir grob) 0)
                                (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'extra-offset
(cons 3 0)) '() )
                        (if (<= (ly:item-break-dir grob) 0)
                                (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'color red) '()
)

Of course, since you're controlling two grobs, that means a total of four
IFs, and surely someone knows a better solution. If not, we remain grateful
for copy and paste.

And now for the disturbing question: since the function uses "extra-offset"
which happens after everything else is placed, do you really regain that
real estate (do the other elements spread out to fill the line), or is it
just empty space? Perhaps you need "X-offset" in this instance. Sorry I
didn't think of that earlier.

David

But now I've run into a challenge that I haven't been able to solve. How can
I set *two* properties on one grob in a single function?