Re: sectional titles above tempo markings?

From: Josiah Boothby
Subject: Re: sectional titles above tempo markings?
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 00:38:47 -0700

>  \tempo 4 = 69 \tempo \markup \dir-column
>  {
>    \concat { "Tenderly, with some rubato (" \fontsize #-2 \general-align #Y
> #DOWN \note #"4" #1 " = ca. 66-72)" }
>    "VARIATION I"
>    \vspace #0
>    \combine \fontsize #2 "PART ONE" \lower #0.7 \override #'(thickness . 1.5)
> \draw-line #'(16 . 0)
>  }

OK, now that I've figured out the \vspace issue (thank you for the
pointer, Francisco!), I have to say this is unfortunately similar
(though more flexible and better looking on the page) to what I was
doing before, which is to say: creating the tempo text with the
metronome mark from scratch, stacking it below the section title.

I guess I was hoping that I could just use the nice-and-easy-to-read

\tempo "Slow" 4 = 48

approach somewhere in there.

Thank you,

Josiah