Re: Vertical alignment of \mark and \markup

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Vertical alignment of \mark and \markup
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 00:41:18 +0100

2009/5/11 David Jarvie <address@hidden>:

> R2*4 |
> \mark #108
> R2*8 ^\markup{ \hspace #13 \raise #0 \bold "Pocch. animato" } |

There's a very good reason why the elements in this example overlap:
the \hspace #13 markup is invisible, but still counts as part of the
skyline for the rest markup (see the attached image).

> How can I make them be aligned vertically again?

Instead of using \hspace to control the markup position, set the
alignment of the markup object (MultiMeasureRestText) explicitly:

\override MultiMeasureRestText #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT

This will align the left edge of the markup to the centre of the rest,
so you might want to tweak the value slightly (e.g. #-0.8 will move it
further to the left of the rest).

Make sure that both the rehearsal mark and the rest markup have the
same padding:

\override Score.RehearsalMark #'padding = #0.25

or

\override MultiMeasureRestText #'staff-padding = #0.8

Regards,
Neil