Re: writing chords

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: writing chords
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 06:49:29 +0200

Am 13.05.2009 um 01:59 schrieb Carl D. Sorensen:

On 5/12/09 12:41 PM, "James E. Bailey" <address@hidden> wrote:

I will be the first one to admit that I don't work with chords frequently. I'm
also trying to understand them. I understand that I can enter c:7 and lilypond
will recognise that I want to display c7, and display it accordingly. Since I
wanted to make some changes to some of the defaults, I decided to make a
little list of all the chords, and what is typed in order to get lilypond to
display them. I've run into some chords that I don't know how to name
properly, so I thought I would ask for help. I would like I know what I need
to type in order to get these chords. Here is what I want, and what I've
tried:

James,

Have you read the section in the notation reference on chord notation
(2.7.1)?

Yes I have, but like I say, I don't do much with chords, so I thought that I was doing it right.

The reason I ask is that most of your chord notations do not comply with the
stated syntax rules.

Also, you should check out appendix B2 of the Notation Reference; it has
lots of these.

Now that's good, I didn't even know it was there (I used B1) and the . to separate the numbers was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks tons!

James E. Bailey