Re: Newbie Question -- verse and chorus

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Newbie Question -- verse and chorus
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 00:38:26 +0800

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 05:32:29PM +0100, Tim Rowe wrote:
> 2009/5/11 James E. Bailey <address@hidden>:
>
> > The lilypond documentation really isn't the kind of
> > documentation that you can go to when you want to know how to
> > do something. It's designed to teach you how to use the
> > software.
> >
> > Incidentally, it wasn't until I read the learning manual
> > (after several years of attempting, unsuccessfully, to use
> > lilypond) that I learned that.  James E. Bailey
>
> Sounds like something that should be in the documentation, not
> just the report.

Something like LM 1.2 About the documentation?

(on the LR)
"This book explains how to begin learning LilyPond, as well as
explaining some key concepts in easy terms. You should read these
chapters in a linear fashion.

There is a paragraph See also at the end of each section, which
contains cross-references to other sections: you should not follow
these cross-references at first reading; when you have read all of
the Learning Manual, you may want to read some sections again and
follow cross-references for further reading."

(on the NR)
"This book explains all the LilyPond commands which produce
notation. It assumes that readers are familiar with the concepts
in the Learning Manual."

Honestly, what else can we do?  Add a maoing <blink> tag to the
webpage, saying "you should read the documentation" ?

- Graham