Re: Typesetting a 17th century music example.

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: Typesetting a 17th century music example.
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 10:35:50 +0200

Am 10.05.2009 um 08:43 schrieb Kim Shrier:

Hello,

I am working on typesetting some music examples from a 17th century
book on how to improvise.  I am having trouble figuring out how to
set one example in particular.  The example is showing concords and
discords.  It has an 11 line staff where the lines are spread out to
allow room for notes with interval notations.  I have figured out how
to handle that part.  The example also has a treble, alto, and bass
clef all stacked vertically on the left side of the staff.  The treble
clef is positioned on the 4th line, the alto clef is positioned on the
6th line and the bass clef is positioned on the 8th line.  I am unable
to figure out how to place these 3 clefs.  I can place any one clef
in the proper place but I don't seem to be able to figure out how to
get all 3 clefs placed on the single staff.

Any help would be appreciated.
Kim

I would use markup, i.e:
 \override Staff.Clef #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
   \override Staff.Clef #'text = \markup \column {
      \raise #1.0 {\musicglyph #"clefs.C"}
      \raise #0.0 {\musicglyph #"clefs.C"}
      \raise #-1.0 {\musicglyph #"clefs.C"}
   }