Re: tablature.ly

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: tablature.ly
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:15:48 +0200

Carl D. Sorensen schrieb:
[snip]
Try #'(cons 'font-family 'sans), and see if that will work.  It may be that
the way things are substituted by the macro expansion is causing it to work
differently than I would expect with straight Scheme.
Yes, it works. Great!
Thanks a lot, Carl.
Imagine a user doesn't like the default staff-space setting for
TabStaff (1.5).  If they change it, none of these empirical values
will work properly.

Here Neil points out the thing he's most concerned about.  It's not a
concern about the magic numbers per se, it's that they don't change with
staff-spacing.  In my earlier email (let me know if you didn't get it), I
asked for his help with that problem.

With the definition above, I inserted #(set-global-staff-size <num>)
and tried values from 10 to 100, and it worked as expected.
So the quadratic equation seems to be the right way.

OK, so the baseline skip is apparently sized in terms of staff spaces, which
means your equations are right.

Thanks,

Carl