Re: date in footer?

From: Chip
Subject: Re: date in footer?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:10:11 -0700

Graham Percival wrote:
On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 01:50:04PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

Op donderdag 23-04-2009 om 19:45 uur [tijdzone +0800], schreef Graham
Percival:

Maybe this should be added to the docs somewhere?

Maybe you should learn to read the docs?  It's already in there.

I did, see my original post.
As Chip didn't find it: Maybe someone should fix the docs?

I did find it, see my original post.

1.  Hmm, I want to do something special.  I'd better look in the
Snippets.

2.  Hmm, I want to print something special in the titles (i.e. the
date and version number).  I'd better look in Titles.

I didn't want to print something in the titles, I wanted to print something in the footer. Am I being nitpicky here? To me those are two different sections of a page.
3.  Great gallumphing gargantum giraffes!  The VERY FIRST MAOING
ITEM is "adding the current date to a score".  Well, clearly those
lilypond documentation people are utterly incompetent.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/input/lsr/lilypond-snippets/Titles

Not wanting to start a fight, but I did mention in my original post that I did find that code and it doesn't do what I was asking for. That puts the date in a text block, my request was for it to be in the footer. Putting the date in a text block puts it directly below and to the left edge of the last staff and looks ugly there. And I'm sure there is a way to move that text block anywhere one wants it, but putting it in the footer makes the most sense. To me anyway (and at least one other person who replied as well).
Regards,
Chip
I will admit that "outputting the version number" appears in the
Text list, rather than the titles.  In fact, both snippets should
appear in both Text and Titles, but currently they're only in one
list.  "Somebody" should fix this.

Now, remember all those times I asked for volunteers for LSR, and
all those times that you all said "yeah, it would be nice if
somebody did that", and deleted those emails?  Yeah, that's what
I'm talking about.

The current person responsible for LSR also happens to be the most
active patch-reviewer.  Do you *really* want me to ask him to stop
working on patches (i.e. new features, bug fixes, etc) and waste
his time playing web-2.0 games that anybody with TWO BLOODY WEEKS
OF LILYPOND EXPERIENCE could do?!

As I was saying yesterday, anything can be done if there's enough
interest.  The readers of lilypond-user have spoken (by not
volunteering for this job) -- there is not sufficient interest in
having better-organized snippets.

Frankly, organizing snippets is one of the easiest, most fun ways
to get involved.  That was actually my first job in this project,
and I'm utterly flabbergasted (and royally pissed) that nobody is
interested in doing it.

- Graham