Re: TextSpanner at Score level?

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: TextSpanner at Score level?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 02:23:19 +0200

hiya,

On 22 Apr 2009, at 00:35, -Eluze wrote:
nice solution so far - but still some open points!

trying to take advantage of your mood i'll ask the following questions:

- it might be simpler to use skips (s) in the contextSpan voice

kieren was probably copy-pasting and saving time. if you're doing this for real, you'll probably have this in a spare variable using space notes anyway.

- how would you make more TextSpanners later on (the Text_spanner_engraver
has been removed from the voice)?

if i understand frédéric correctly, this is only required for the full (conductor's) score.

- how do you find out which contexts and engravers are involved?

over my head.

- if you have 15 instruments (staffs) you need to add 15 "stringendo"s - is
that correct?

you probably already have the 15 stringendo's in the instrument definitions anyway -- frédéric's question was about getting rid of all 15 of these definitions in the conductor's score.

<snipping to kieren's post>