Re: Lilypond to XML

From: Jack Cooper
Subject: Re: Lilypond to XML
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:03:29 -0700 (PDT)

As others have replied, this isn't currently a lilypond feature.  However, a commercial
program called pdftomusicpro provides translation between pdf output and another
format which can then be exported to musicxml.  It works pretty well, although
I've only used it for leadsheet and songbook-style transcriptions.  Depending on
what you intend to do with the xml output, you may need to filter the output
through one of the finale products to produce a more robust xml output.

I haven't fully experimented with tab output, so I can't say how well the tab information
is retained through this process.

Jack Cooper, BerLen Music
www.berlenmusic.com