Re: Lyrics verse numbers on every line

From: Tom Dickson
Subject: Re: Lyrics verse numbers on every line
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 21:27:39 -0700

On 2009 Apr 19, at 21:21, Frédéric Bron wrote:

This mostly works for me, but I get nothing on the first line unless I also
include a \set stanza.

verseOne = \lyricmode {
   \set stanza = #"1."
   \set shortVocalName = "1."
   \override InstrumentName #'X-offset = #2
   \override InstrumentName #'font-series = #'bold
   Here is a ver -- se a -- bout the cats.
}

To get exactly the same appearance on each line, you can remove \set
stanza "1." and replace it by \set vocalName = "1."
vocalName applies to the first line and shortVocalName to the other lines.

Frédéric

Thanks! That works well, except because of the time signature, the first line is spaced further from the word. I guess that doesn't matter much.

Is there an easy way to make this a macro so I can just do \set fullStanza = #"1." instead of typing the whole thing out?

-tom