Why do Lilyond Engravers have inhibitions to store their score in Mutop

From: Hajo Dezelski
Subject: Why do Lilyond Engravers have inhibitions to store their score in Mutopia?
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:53:34 +0200

Hello,

looking at the beautiful Reubke score I ask myself again why do I have
to add another link to my list, when we have a working repository for
music: Mutopia.

Following closely discussions on this mailing-list you will notice
that tons of scores are engraved with Lilypond. (Applause!) And most
of this music seems to be without any copyright restrictions. But I
can seldom find them in Mutopia.

And I learned a lot from the Lilypond snippets AND from the scores in
Mutopia. Beside that you will find a lot of really good music over
there.

So my questions:

 - Why do Lilyond Engravers have inhibitions to store their score in Mutopia?
 - Are there any hidden fences which I am not able to see?
 - Are the copyright-restrictions the reason for keeping scores hidden?
 - Is Mutopia not worth contributing?
 - Why is Mutopia not the official music code repository for Lilypond?

 - Or am I misleaded?

Ok, I must confess that sometimes it would be nice if for example
corrections on a score could be managed by the one who put the music
to Mutopia whithout having to ask Chris to do the "dirty" work.

OK, I also find the idea of Wilbert more than intriguing to use Google
code as a base for scores including some versioning control.

Hajo

---
... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn