Re: Staff lines running past final bar on staff

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Staff lines running past final bar on staff
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 16:52:58 +0200

To solve this problem, you first have to figure out that it has to do with the key signature (comment out the key signature in the ossia stave to see that the problem disappears). Once you have realized that, you have to figure out how to get rid of the extra key signature indication at the end of the previous line, which isn't printed since the ossia stave doesn't exist, but which unfortunately still influences the position of the bar line.

The solution is to add a setting of explicitKeySignatureVisibility:

   \new Staff \with {
       alignAboveContext = #"1"
       fontSize = #-4
       \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep -4)
       \override StaffSymbol #'thickness = #(magstep -4)
       \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
        explicitKeySignatureVisibility = #end-of-line-invisible
   }
   { ... }

   /Mats

Nick Payne wrote:
See attached. If I have an ossia at the beginning of a staff, the lines on
the preceding staff run past the final barline. How do I prevent this? I'm
creating the ossia with << {
                % normal notes here
        }
        \new Staff \with {
                alignAboveContext = #"1"
                fontSize = #-4
                \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep -4)
                \override StaffSymbol #'thickness = #(magstep -4)
                \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
        }
{ \clef "treble_8"
                \key e \minor