RE: Left/right noteheads in chord containing second

From: Nick Payne
Subject: RE: Left/right noteheads in chord containing second
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 20:28:13 +1000

Mark

My reason for wanting to swap the noteheads was purely to improve the
appearance of fingering indications. I wanted to keep the fingering on the
left for consistency, but the note I wanted to finger was on the RH side of
the stem and thus a considerable distance away from the fingering indication
that had to avoid a collision with the notehead on the left. In the end I
just placed the fingering for that one note on the right. Looks a bit
strange to my eyes but avoids any ambiguity.

Nick