Re: Review of Valentin's Opera

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Review of Valentin's Opera
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 11:41:11 -0400

Hi Laura, Reinhold, etc.

    Reinhold> The only problems appear when trying to create
    Reinhold> good-looking full scores for the conductor (part

I agree.

I don't, actually...

While I think Lilypond could clearly do an even better job, I regularly engrave my full scores, reduced scores, choral scores with piano reduction, etc., and am very pleased with the results. Then again, I *never* use \partcombine, and I manually tweak vertical spacing a fair bit, so that might be where you are running into problems with your scores.

Cheers,
Kieren.