Re: invisible slurs in tablature

From: Grammostola Rosea
Subject: Re: invisible slurs in tablature
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 10:27:14 +0200

Marc Hohl wrote:

I think you should also add:

\override TabVoice.Tie #'transparent = ##t

Yes, of course. But then another problem occurs: if the tie isn't visible, it looks as if there are two distinct notes. Therefore, I think strongly about a scheme function (which at the end should be hidden in the
TabVoice-context) which translates, e.g.

c4 d e2 ~ e4. e8

c4 d e2 s4. e8

so the spurious tablature number disappears in the output. From earlier postings I knew that there are several functions about automatically calculating intervals etc., but I'm a scheme newbie. So I would be glad if someone out there would give me a hint how to start writing such a function.

You're right, good point.