Re: Sibelius conversion - sib2ly (from NtEd author)

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: Sibelius conversion - sib2ly (from NtEd author)
Date: 30 Mar 2009 12:17:40 +0200

Joerg Anders <address@hidden> writes:

> Therefore, I first separate the notes according to the instrument
> which shall play them. Unfortunately, this algorithm sorts 4 flutes
> which appear in 4 tracks into one staff :-((

Aha! But then the workaround is simple: just assign each track a
different instrument. Having written MIDI::Tweaks[1] this is a piece
of cake ;).

After that I ran in the following problem: NtEd occasionally produces
notes that are not in the midi data. So in the LP export I get
StaffAVoiceA with all notes, and StaffAVoiceB with all rests and a
spurious note.

Also it sometimes gets the accidentals wrong because apparently the
key signature is applied to the first track only. So with key F major,
note 70 on track 1 becomes B flat, but on the other tracks it becomes
A sharp.

I've got demo data if you're interested. Contact me off-list.

-- Johan

[1] http://search.cpan.org/~jv/MIDI-Tweaks/lib/MIDI/Tweaks.pm