Re:Transpose

From: Ossie Wilson Snr
Subject: Re:Transpose
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:40:01 +1000

I am using LP 2.8.6 on a Windows 98 300MHz machine.

My current problem is in transposing a song (for a grand daughter) and a whole bunch of double accidentals and natural/accidental combinations have turned up in the resultant printout – not too good for fast recognition by the accompanist (according to my wife). I have found a snippet quoted in NR 1.1.2 for LP 2.12.2 which looks like it could do a simplifying job on the music, but is designed for another notation language other than English. As I wouldn’t know an ‘es’ or an ‘is’ if I fell over them and know nothing about scheme, I am asking has someone already translated this for an English notation and whether this snippet could be applied to LP 2.8.6.

Thanks in advance to all who read and and can help.

Ossie Wilson