Vim with LP syntax coloring on Mac OSX

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Vim with LP syntax coloring on Mac OSX
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 16:12:14 -0500

I'm having trouble getting vim to do Lilypond syntax coloring on OSX. I have it all working fine on my Linux machines but I'm doing something wrong on the Macs. I added the "if exists..." lines according to Application Usage to the filetype.vim file here:

/usr/share/vim/vim62/filetype.vim

I also put this path in my ~/.vimrc file:

set runtimepath+=/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/vim

Clearly something is wrong because I'm not getting syntax coloring. Could someone who uses Vim on Mac OSX help me figure out the correct setup? Many thanks in advance,

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com