Re: Multiple repeats

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Multiple repeats
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 22:03:26 +0100

Kees van den Doel wrote:
OK, let me rephrase (and this time in the right list, sorry): is the way to
indicate
a 4 times repeated set of bars "\repeat volta 4 {notes}", followed by a manual
annotation
indicating "repeat 4 times"  or is there a better method?
As far as I know, there's no well-established typesetting practice
for how to indicate it in a printed score, which is one reason that
LilyPond doesn't typeset the number. So, it's up to you to find a
notation that you think is understandable for the musicians you
have in mind, for example following the suggestions from Kieren.

  /Mats
Kees