Re: stem shortening

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: stem shortening
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 09:25:26 -0500

Yes, but is there a way to tweak this behavior to suit different situations?

something like \override Voice.shortStemLength = #3.5 (if it beamed notes would respect it) would make it simpler to avoid accidentals colliding with beams in upper and lower voices in polyphony. Currently, we're left with manually specifying beam positions. (maybe \override Voice.shortBeamHeight would be more specific and descriptive? Both possibilities would be superb!)

Just a thought.

Dave

Wilbert Berendsen wrote:
Op maandag 02 maart 2009, schreef David Raleigh Arnold:
> Another feature that has been on the back burner
> for a very long time is the automagical shortening of stems of the
> highest notes with stems up and the lowest notes with stems down.

I think LilyPond already does this:

\version "2.12.0"
\relative c'' {
\voiceTwo