Re: Changing Staff organization

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: Changing Staff organization
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 18:24:52 +0000

James E. Bailey wrote:
>> Basically, there is a portion of the music for piano (two staves), and
>> it continues with a SATB (with three staves). Thus, I need to "add a
>> staff" somewhere.
>
> You probabbly need to re-organise the way the music is defined in
> lilypond. It depends on how you have it defined. If your part is
>
> upperStaffNotes = \new Staff = "upperStaffOne" \relative c'' { <c g'> <d
> f> <c e> <a f'> }
> or
> upperStaffNotes = \new Staff = "upperStaffOne" \relative c'' { <<
> {\voiceOne g' f e f} \new Voice = upperStaffNotesTwo {\voiceTwo c d c
> a}>>\oneVoice
>
> Then you'll need to redefine that to be
>
> upperStaffNotesOne = \new Staff = "upperStaffOne" \relative g'' { g f e f }
> upperStaffNotesTwo = \new Staff = "upperStaffTwo" \relative c'' { c c c a }
>
> So you can put them on separate staves.

Not exactly that my problem. Consider I have just one music, it starts
with a piano music (about 20 bars). After that, the piano shuts up,
forever, and starts the voices.

Basically, I do not want to convert a music I have to piano to SATB.
I just want to change staffs organization.
(http://eremita.di.uminho.pt/~ambs/_.pdf).

Thanks
Alberto

--
Alberto Simões - Departamento de Informática - Universidade do Minho
                 Campus de Gualtar - 4710-057 Braga - Portugal