Re: piano reduction (in other .pdf file)

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: piano reduction (in other .pdf file)
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 18:17:00 +0100

El 01.03.2009, a las 17:50, stefanozanobini escribió:

I've given a look to the new documentation (I've still lilypond 2.10
and its guide is different from the new one), but the explanation
("Separate scores showing just the vocal parts or just the piano part
can be produced by changing just the structural statements, leaving
the musical notation unchanged") is unclear for a quite new
Lilypond-euser like me.

A complicated solution I found is as the old quide in chapter 8.3.1. describes:
\new Staff <<
       \set Staff.printPartCombineTexts = ##f
       \partcombine
et cetera...

but I'm sure, that it's not the easiest one!
Actually, that's a very usable solution. If you use this method, there's even a snippet in the lsr for merging rests.