Re: [Frescobaldi] Bass and Electric Bass template, tab tunings support

From: Grammostola Rosea
Subject: Re: [Frescobaldi] Bass and Electric Bass template, tab tunings support
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 20:40:38 +0100

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
Wilbert Berendsen wrote:
Hi all,

op woensdag 18 februari 2009, schreef David:
Standard Electric basses have four strings, so that would probably be
useful to most people using a Bass/Tab template. That being said--5, 6,
7 and more strings are becoming more and more common all the time.

Currently Frescobaldi's Bass and Electric Bass template inherit the basic TablaturePart features also found in the other tablature instruments, When tablature (TabStaff) is chosen, it presents the tuning option Bass Tuning (stringTunings = #bass-tuning). If you choose bass tuning, the TabStaff template has four strings. Is that good, or should I add support for other options/tuning?
I think four strings is good, but maybe it would be nice to have a possibility to choose also five strings if you got an five string bass... (I didn't know there are six string basses too, until David told it...)

About the bass-tuning. When I do

c,4\3

The fret position and the high of the C wasn't what I suspected and which should be the default imho.

when I do

c4\3

The note is ok, but the fret position not...

Regards,

\r