Re: Persian musical koron and sori

From: Behnam Rassi
Subject: Re: Persian musical koron and sori
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 19:02:20 -0500

On 15-Feb-09, at 6:45 PM, Graham Breed wrote:

Behnam Rassi wrote:
Yes Kees I downloaded the font and saw the glyphs.
This is as far as I can go with my current work too. Except that I will add additional Persian music notations (and perhaps somewhat better looking glyphs!). But I can only produce a font in ttf format, another one perhaps in otf format. I can also extract the glyphs in EPS format individually. I wouldn't know how to put them in LilyPond.

You need to say what interval (as a fraction of a 200 cent whole tone) you want each symbol to correspond to.

I guess this has been already sorted out for koron and sori before I was exposed to this. If not, I can do some research to provide the information. The other notations I mentioned are more like overhead marks about 'how' the note should sound and not 'what'. I'm not finished with my work yet. I may be able to explain more when I'm done. It's still a couple of weeks to go I guess.

Behnam