Re: TAB question -- frescobaldi tab support

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: TAB question -- frescobaldi tab support
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:05:30 +0100

Op vrijdag 13 februari 2009, schreef Grammostola Rosea:
> Wilbert Berendsen wrote:
> > Op vrijdag 13 februari 2009, schreef Grammostola Rosea:
> >> When I use a template in Frescobaldi for electric bass it doesn't seems
> >> to work, I get a error message, see below.
> >
> > Which error message do you get?
>
> GNU LilyPond 2.12.0
> Verwerken van `baztest.ly'
> Ontleden...
> Vertolken van muziek...
> Voorbewerken van grafische objecten...
> Vertolken van muziek...Segmentatiefout
> (in Frescobaldi) stopte met status 1)

That's strange, on my system it just runs fine. Maybe some optimisation issue?
(i.e. not Frescobaldi-related)

> >> Besides that, the tablature is placed above the notation by default
> >> which is not how it should be imho.
> >
> > I'm not experienced with TabStaves, please provide information about how
> > you would like to generate tabstaffs in Frescobaldi (or submit a feature
> > request on http://lilykde.googlecode.com, the SVN repo for Frescobaldi).
> >
> > Should the tab staff be below the notes by default? Then I will change
> > that in Frescobaldi. (Note that it is easy to just swap the staves in the
> > Frescobaldi- generated template.)
>
> I think we need more people to decide which is the best. I think David
> and others can help with it, to get nice guitar / bass templates.
>
> I think tablature should be below notation by default.

Yes, I also saw it in the LIlyPond documentation. I have changed Frescobaldi
(svn) to put the normal staff on top.

> Tablature shouldn't have beams.

I could provide a checkbox for that in Frescobaldi, but i'm no tablature
expert... I'll follow the discussion about this in the LilyPond field.

with best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--
Frescobaldi, LilyPond editor for KDE: http://www.frescobaldi.org/